Data Privacy Manager H/F
Fast Retailing France is a group company of Fast Retailing, a Japanese company and one of the largest apparel retailers in the world.
Directly reporting to Fast Retailing’s Chief Security Officer and global head of Information Security Office (“ISO”) with dotted reporting to CEOs of EU and UK group companies, the successful candidate will manage and execute compliance of all privacy, data protection and data governance processes of Fast Retailing brands in Europe: Uniqlo, Comptoir des Cotonniers, Princesse tam tam and Theory (the “Group”).
The successful candidate will also act as the Group’s Data Protection Officer for Europe.
Key Responsibilities as ISO Data Privacy Manager
- Act as primary point of contact of business departments, support functions and management on data privacy matters
- Execute data privacy programs of the Group taking into consideration local regulations
- Build robust data privacy activities related to internal operations and local/global projects
- Supervise the Group’s policies on personal data and advise to mitigate risks associated with potential personal data loss/breach
- Educate and train employees on data privacy compliance responsibilities and obligations
- Identify, raise and address risk areas of data privacy in internal operations and projects
- Drive the creation and sharing of best practices on data privacy operations (self-check, conduct audits, deliver gap analysis etc.)
- Register and report incidents linked to personal data privacy
- Assess data privacy compliance of third-party suppliers, ensuring mitigation of risks prior to conduction transactions
- Perform internal audits, proposing corrective and preventive action plans designed to mitigate risk and meet best-practice requirements
- Monitor and track developments to applicable data privacy laws and regulations; make appropriate program and training changes and recommendations.
Key Responsibilities as Data Protection Officer for Europe
This role has no direct supervisory responsibilities but will set direction and provide advice to Data Protection Coordinators within each department.
- Provide leadership and oversight on data privacy to activities and projects on a strategic and operational level
- Serve as primary point of contact internally and externally (such as for data subjects and supervisory authorities) on data privacy matters
- Manage privacy breaches and individual rights requests in accordance with data privacy procedures
- Ensure policies and practices adhere to current and emerging privacy regulations
- Advise and drive a privacy-compliant culture within the Group through trainings and change management activities
- Conduct regular GDPR compliance reporting to management
- Maintain personal information register in coordination with departments’ Data Protection Coordinators
- Assist Data Protection Coordinators to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) on new systems, applications, workflows and third-party engagements etc. Review and follow up of resulting recommended action plans.
● BS or MS degree in Computer Science, related IT or law degree
● Solid experience (10-15 years) in compliance, privacy or a related field
● Extensive knowledge of data privacy laws and practices
● Good understanding of IT systems, processing operations, information systems, data security and data protection needs
● Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and manage multiple projects efficiently
● Ability to place interest of organization ahead of own; considers both short and long-term impacts of decisions
● High degree of risk awareness and motivation to act to mitigate risks
● Ability to reflect legal requirements to activities/operational procedures
● Exceptional sense of confidentiality, integrity and professional ethics
● Good communication and influencing skills; ability to succinctly summarize and present complex concepts to business partners and management
● Highly motivated, capability to work autonomously and cross-functionally within a matrix organization
● Experience in and knowledge of retail industry a plus
● Fluent in English AND French; Japanese a plus